For NetWeaver 7.10 and up:
1. Open a shell on the server with
2. Open a web browser on client host with JRE installed. Browse to this address: http://
On the web page choose the link Start JSPM Frontend (SDTGui). JSPM GUI will be downloaded and started locally by Java Web Start technology. Then you can proceed as usually. Just keep in mind that JSPM actually runs on the remote host.
For NetWeaver 7.00 and below:
You have to adjust the following parameters.
The necessary steps are:
1. In JSPM/param/jspm_config.txt change the entry
/dialog/SDTServerConnection/SDTGui/launch = true
/dialog/SDTServerConnection/SDTGui/launch = false
2. Copy StartGui.bat and the content of the lib sub-directory of the JSPM directory on the UNIX server to some directory on the Windows PC, thereby creating a directory structure
-- or just mount JSPM file system on the Windows PC.
3. Start JSPM on the UNIX host as usual with the go script. You will see a message like this
Waiting for SDTServer to connect on hostname
4. Start StartGui.bat on Windows host The GUI appears with a logon screen. Specify the host and port from the message above. The connection to the JSPM will be established.